Stephen D. Milbrath
Mr. Milbrath is Florida Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law and Business Litigation. He has substantial experience in the trial and appeal of complex cases, including all phases of intellectual property and business law, and in the representation of litigants in federal court appeals.
Mr. Milbrath served as the Law Clerk to the Honorable Dwain Box, Chief Judge, Oklahoma Court of Appeals, Division I, during 1975-76, and as the Law Clerk to the Honorable George C. Young, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida in 1977-78.
After his clerkship and a period of private litigation practice, Mr. Milbrath served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Middle District of Florida during 1980-83 and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in 1989.
While in law school, Mr. Milbrath served as the Survey Editor for the Oklahoma City University Law Review (1976) and was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Book Awards in Commercial Paper and Remedies.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Complex Business Litigation and Arbitration
- Oklahoma City University, J.D., 1976
- Florida State University, M.S. P.A., 1973
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 1972
- Florida Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals: Federal, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts: Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- Florida Bar
- Guardian Ad Litem Award of Excellence, 2014 and 2011
- Top 100 Lawyers in America in 2012-2014
- 2011-2014 AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer, by Martindale -Hubbell Lawyer Directory
- 2012- 2014 Managing Intellectual Property Magazine: IP Star
- Florida Trend Legal Elite 2012-2016
- Florida Super Lawyers: 2010- 2017
- Orlando Magazine Top Legal Professionals 2009-2017
- Adjunct Lecturer in Internet Law, Univ. of Florida, Levin Law Center (2002-2003)
- The Florida Bar: Business Law Section, Intellectual Property Committee, Computer and Cyber Law Committee (Vice Chair, 2009)
- Orange County and Hillsborough County Bar Associations
- The Federalist Society