Thomas has handled a broad range of commercial litigation, including high-profile banking litigation, business disputes and business torts, estate and trust disputes, cost-effective e-discovery efforts, and pro bono.
Thomas has served as corporate counsel and as a business leader in a security services company—an equity-backed, technology-enabled, recurring monthly revenue (RMR)-based, services company (video surveillance-as-a-service, and security-as-a-service). Mr. Allison was instrumental in tripling the size of the company.
Litigation and dispute resolution experience (selected highlights):
Obtained a full defense verdict for a private equity fund in a three-day arbitration between partners, regarding a luxury residential and country club development. Obtained a full defense verdict for a small business and its founder in a two-week Federal jury trial regarding slander and FLSA claims, in which plaintiffs were seeking damages of $5 million. Successfully represented lenders in complex commercial foreclosure proceedings, including replevin (a business jet), foreclosure of a condominium tower, and receivership. Successfully represented a financial institution in an investor class action asserting claims in excess of $44 million from a massive Ponzi scheme.
Corporate counsel experience (selected highlights):
Litigation management, commercial contracting (master services agreements, statements of work, and all related documentation; recurring revenue contract development, implementation, and management), employment disputes, intellectual property, and initial review regarding potential corporate transactions; hired and managed outside counsel as needed.
Pro bono representation:
Representation: of a resident of a mobile home community; of a guardian for an indigent elderly gentleman (real estate); of a charitable organization regarding protection of valuable property rights; and of a charitable organization regarding certain intellectual property matters.
Outside of the practice of law, Mr. Allison is devoted to serving both the profession and his community. Recently, Mr. Allison served as Chair of the Code & Rules of Evidence Committee of The Florida Bar (2013-14). He has served on the board of directors of his church, as a volunteer childcare worker, and at a local food pantry.
Mr. Allison earned his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law (top ten percent). During law school, he was a Florida Bar Foundation Public Service Law Fellow and earned the Book Award for Poverty Law. Mr. Allison served as an editor of the Florida Journal of International Law, and as vice president of the Trial Team. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in History, summa cum laude, from the University of Florida (top four percent).
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Banking Disputes & Creditor’s Rights
- Business Disputes & Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes, including Securities Litigation
- Insurance and Insurance Disputes
- Real Property Disputes
- Trial Practice, including Arbitration
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- University of Florida, B.A. in History, summa cum laude, 2003
- Broward College, A.A., with honors, 2002
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional & Community Involvement
- Committee Member, Code & Rules of Evidence Committee, The Florida Bar (2010-2016); Committee Chair, Code & Rules of Evidence Committee, The Florida Bar (2013-2014); Program Co-Chair, Hot Topics in Evidence Seminar (CLE program), 2014; Program Chair, Topics in Evidence Seminar (CLE program), 2013
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Past Chair, Reading is Fundamental Committee, and Past Chair, Lunch with the Judges Committee
- South Florida Church of Christ, Board of Directors, 2012-2014
- Florida Blue Key
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers (2010)