James S. Campbell
James S. Campbell, “of counsel” and co-founder of Byrd Campbell, P.A., is a licensed attorney in Texas and Florida.
James S. Campbell’s practice covers a broad spectrum of residential and commercial real estate and finance transactions, including acquisition, construction and permanent financing, the purchase and sale of real property, real estate development, mixed-use condominium resort development, loan workouts and restructures, and leasing of commercial property.
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Lending and Commercial
- Title Insurance
- Commercial Leasing
- General Corporate
- Business Formation and Counseling
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Jamie has significant experience in advising and counseling owners, developers, and investors in acquiring and developing land for retail, commercial, industrial, and residential real estate projects, including resort condominium and complex mixed-use developments, and in selling and disposing of real property, including REO assets.
Having represented many major national and state lending institutions with their respective acquisition, development, and construction financing activities in Florida, Texas, and other states, his experience also covers a wide range of commercial lending and corporate finance transactions, including loan syndication, asset based lending, subordinated debt, and mezzanine financing.
Additional experience representing numerous financial institutions including equity funds, savings banks, title insurance companies, and various state and national banking associations in commercial workouts and restructures concerning real and personal property in Florida and Texas. He has substantial experience negotiating forbearance agreements, and in examining lender liability claims on behalf of lenders.
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: University of Colorado Law Review
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Masters in Arts & Religion
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Major: Economics and Religion
- Phi Delta Phi
- Texas Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Real Estate Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Pro Bono Activities
- Covenant Hospice, Board of Directors (2006-Present)
- Executive Committee, Past Vice Chairman (2011)
Past Employment Positions
- Chief Justice William H. Erickson, Colorado Supreme Court, Law Clerk